Lets Join Together to Close the Gap on Cancer Awareness
Why attend this 60 minute Workshop
We’re not asking you to become an expert on cancer. We are here to support you in a movement to elevate our industry with even more inclusivity.
Come away with a newly energized view to help you better support your guests, friends, family and community.
Projections estimate that up to 1 in 2 people globally will be diagnosed with Cancer during their lifetime. As social stewards of wellness we have a role to help people learn to explore healthy living — cancer or no cancer.
The cancer experience is more than one stressful event, it consists of multiple stressful events.
- Anxiety and stress can affect the quality of life for individuals with cancer and their families.
- Individuals who are stressed can be helped by different kinds of emotional, physical, nutritional and social support.
- Each individual will cope in different ways.
- Everyone needs a toolbox of coping skills to use at different points of time.
- We all need a space to explore simple and easy ways to include more wellness and wellbeing into our lives.
Learn with this Cancer Wellness Team
Julie Bach, GWI WFC Initiative Chair, Health Coach/Yoga Therapist, Spa Therapist
Dr Penny Kechagioglou, Clinical Oncologist, Co-Chair British Society for Integrative Oncology
Dr. Singhal, Surgical Oncologist, GWI WFC Initiative Co-Chair, Medical Director Apricity Health
In this workshop you will:
- Learn more about living well for cancer prevention, living with cancer and beyond cancer
- Discover Evidence-based recommendations for:
- lifestyle approaches (movement, nutrition, sleep)
- emotional and spiritual wellness (mind/body)
- Explore simple and easy concepts to include in your existing event activities
- Discuss how to approach your community
A workbook will be provided to help you think through how to construct your event and making it feel less overwhelming to individuals wanting to explore the world of wellness.